What is the Chevy Silverado 1500’s Towing Capacity?
Wondering what the towing capacity of the Chevy Silverado 1500 is? The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 13,300 pounds, and a payload of up to 2,280 pounds. The Chevy Silverado 1500 is one of the strongest light-duty pickup trucks available in our Midway Auto Dealerships inventory, largely in part to a hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame, and a variety of towing features. Expect to learn more about the range of contributing features offered, such as the Chevy Silverado towing mirrors, when you read about the new Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity and specs below!
Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity by Available Engine
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity and performance is a direct byproduct of it’s impressive engine options:
- 4.3L V6 Engine: The base Silverado 1500 engine makes 285 hp and a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque. Its towing capacity is 7,900 pounds. .
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: This engine offers 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque. This power gives the Silverado 1500 a towing capacity of up to 9,600 pounds, and also further improves efficiency.
- 5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management: With this available engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 achieves 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. Towing capacity is elevated to 11,500 pounds. However, the same engine with active fuel management tows up to 10,000 pounds.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: Equipped with this engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 can tow its maximum of 13,300 pounds on the RST configuration. This V8 also generates an impressive 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L I6 Turbo-Diesel: With the available diesel powertrain, you’ll be able to tow up to 9,500 pounds. You’ll also enjoy an output of 277 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque on the roads near Lexington.
The Chevy Silverado 1500 was designed to work, so it only makes sense that it offers plenty of features to make hauling and towing easier. Here are a few highlights:
- Trailering Package: This package is standard for the Chevy Silverado 1500 and includes a 7-way sealed connector, a 7-wire harness, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, a 2-inch receiver, and a trailering hitch platform.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: Available for select trims only, this package adds upgraded rear springs, revised shock tuning, and most importantly, the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: You can purchase extended view towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado trucks as accessories for safer towing around Holdrege.
Test the Chevy Silverado 1500’s Towing Capacity at Midway Auto Dealerships!
If you’re excited to see the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in action, then contact us today to schedule a test drive at Midway Auto Dealerships near Grand Island! Explore its interior features and performance capabilities, or if you’re feeling convinced that this is the pickup truck for you, apply for financing and browse new vehicle specials!
More from Midway Auto Dealerships
Wondering what the towing capacity of the Chevy Silverado 1500 is? The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 13,300 pounds, and a payload of up to 2,280 pounds. The Chevy Silverado 1500 is one of the strongest light-duty pickup trucks available in our Midway Auto Dealerships inventory, largely in part to a…
The Jeep Cherokee is world-renowned for its off-roading capabilities, however, not many Grand Island drivers know about its fuel efficiency. The 2021 Jeep Cherokee mpg ratings show that this capable SUV is designed to help you save on gas without compromising performance. Learn more about how the 2021 Jeep Cherokee fuel economy in this guide…
Interested in learning about how much the Grand Cherokee can tow? The 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee has a maximum towing capacity of 7,200 pounds when properly equipped. This model is also available with four engine options that can take your Hastings towing needs to a new level. Learn more about the new Jeep Grand Cherokee…