How Much Can a Jeep Wrangler Tow?
Wondering how much can a Jeep Wrangler tow? The new Jeep Wrangler towing capacity ranges between 2,000 and 3,500 pounds, depending on the configuration. Each of the Wrangler trim levels offers powerful specs and advanced handling capabilities for confidence on the Grand Island streets and on the Hastings off-road trails. Across the Wrangler trims, you can enjoy the legendary Jeep 4×4 technology, the iconic Trail Rated® badge, and a litany of other impressive specs. Learn more about the Jeep Wrangler towing capacity below.
How Much Can a Jeep Wrangler Tow?
The 2020 Jeep Wrangler is capable of hauling up to 3,500 pounds of cargo. However, each trim level offers unique advantages and capacities, so it is ideal to know what type of towing capacity you are looking for before you buy. A few Jeep Wrangler towing facts to keep in mind:
- 2-door Jeep Wrangler models top out at a 2,000-pound towing capacity. 4-door Jeep Wranglers are capable of trailering up to 3,5000 pounds.
- The Sport, Altitude, Sahara, and Sahara Altitude trims are only available with a 4-door setup, meaning they are fit for maximized towing.
- The latest 2020 Jeep Wrangler lineup introduces some new configurations and retains some classic favorites. All of which offer capable performance abilities.
Which Jeep Wrangler 4×4 setup is most adept at towing?
- Selec-Trac® 4×4 monitors road conditions to utilize two-wheel drive when navigating clear roads, and switches to 4×4 when you encounter snow, rain, ice, or mud.
- Rock-Trac® 4×4 works with a 4:1 low gear ratio, Tru-Lok® electronic-locking differentials, and electronic front sway bar disconnect to provide durable off-road performance.
- Command-Trac® 4×4 offers the ideal towing setup because it allows for a neutral option when towing on flat surfaces. It also features a 2.72:1 low gear ratio perfect for off-road fun.
Jeep Wrangler Towing Features
While Jeep is known for its iconic 4×4 handling systems, many other advancements have been integrated into the latest Wrangler design to set this SUV apart. Each Wrangler trim is outfitted with impressive standard features, including front and rear heavy-duty tow hooksand much more. For even greater towing ease, you can upfit to the Trailer Tow Group or the Heavy-Duty Electrical Group. The Heavy-Duty Electrical Group provides intense features for confident towing, like:
- Winch and Control Light Bars
- Programmable Aux Switches
- 700-Amp Maintenance Free Battery
- 240-Amp Alternator
- Seven and Four-Pin Wiring Harness
- Class II Tow Receiver Hitch
Get Hands-On Experience with Your Own Jeep Wrangler!
Now that you can answer, “how much can a Jeep Wrangler tow,” you will have the confidence to take on all your hauling tasks in Holdrege. With more than enough power and plenty of advanced features to blaze a new trail, a new Jeep Wrangler is the perfect upgrade for any adventurous soul. Contact us with any lingering questions on the Jeep Wrangler towing capacity, or to find out about the infamous Jeep wave!
More from Midway Auto Dealerships
Wondering how much can a Jeep Wrangler tow? The new Jeep Wrangler towing capacity ranges between 2,000 and 3,500 pounds, depending on the configuration. Each of the Wrangler trim levels offers powerful specs and advanced handling capabilities for confidence on the Grand Island streets and on the Hastings off-road trails. Across the Wrangler trims, you can…
One of the most exciting benefits of bringing home a new Jeep is the legendary off-road performance and rugged towing capabilities. While the capacity of the Jeep Wrangler certainly lives up to the hype, the well-appointed Jeep Wrangler interior must not be overlooked. With innovative tech and comfort features, any Grand Island drive is elevated to…
The 2019 RAM 2500 is a powerful pickup truck that can handle any tough job! Its RAM towing capacity is plenty powerful to haul larger equipment and help complete your major job tasks in the Grand Island area. With two available engine options and the strength to tow tens of thousands of pounds, critics and drivers…