How to Program a Dodge Key Fob
Wondering how to program a Dodge key fob? It’s easier than you might think! Midway Auto Dealerships has created the helpful guide below for Grand Island Dodge owners. Follow the steps shown to program or reprogram a remote for your Dodge Journey, Charger, Durango, or another model.
Dodge Key Fob Programming: The Steps
If you purchase a new Dodge vehicle with standard keyless entry, you won’t have to worry about programming the key fob yourself. The dealership will take care of it for you. However, if you purchase a keyless entry system later down the road, you’ll need to program the remote. Here’s how:
- From inside your car, press and release the LOCK button on your keyless entry remote five times in ten seconds.
- Insert the key into the ignition. Turn the key to RUN and press and hold the UNLOCK button on the remote.
- Keep holding UNLOCK while you press the PANIC button and hold for one second.
- Release both buttons at the same time.
- The car will cycle its locks. Afterward, press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote key and release.
- Press and release the UNLOCK button to finish.
How to Reprogram a Dodge Key Fob
Reprogramming a key fob is necessary if you purchase a new one. Replacement remotes are easy to program:
- Enter your car. Press the LOCK button on the key fob remote five times within ten seconds.
- Place your key in the ignition and turn to RUN.
- Press and hold UNLOCK for four seconds, then press PANIC without taking your finger off UNLOCK.
- Release the buttons simultaneously.
- Press and release LOCK and UNLOCK, then press and hold UNLOCK until the car cycles its locks.
- You can now remove the key from the ignition and test the remote.
Get More DIY Tips from Midway Auto Dealerships in Kearney!
Midway Auto Dealerships is your source near Hastings and Holdrege for Dodge vehicles and maintenance tips. If you need assistance with any of the steps shown above, refer to your owner’s manual or contact us. While you’re here, check out our service specials for savings opportunities on maintenance for your Dodge vehicle!
More from Midway Auto Dealerships
Wondering how to program a Dodge key fob? It’s easier than you might think! Midway Auto Dealerships has created the helpful guide below for Grand Island Dodge owners. Follow the steps shown to program or reprogram a remote for your Dodge Journey, Charger, Durango, or another model. New Dodge Vehicles Contact Us Dodge Key Fob Programming: The Steps…
Lots of drivers on a budget in Grand Island decide to purchase a used car, and there are plenty of good reasons to consider doing so, from lower prices to lower depreciation rates and more. But before you decide to finance a used car, check out this used car shopping guide from Midway Auto Dealerships for…
At Midway Auto Dealership, people often come to us wondering, “Can I get a car loan with bad credit?” The answer, quite simply, is yes! At your local Midway Auto dealership near Lexington, our finance team is here to help you figure out how to finance a car with bad credit. See how here, and…